Do Bitcoin ATMS Take Cash?
How to Buy Bitcoin with Cash, Step by Step
If you’re wondering whether Bitcoin ATMs take cash, the answer is yes! Pretty much every BTM in existence takes cash (and if you go with a Coin Cloud machine, it will also distribute cash; more than 54% of all two-way Bitcoin ATMs in the US are operated by Coin Cloud).
In fact, that’s one of the coolest things about Bitcoin ATMs … you don’t need a bank account, or a debit card or credit card. You just need cash and a mobile phone (and if you want to raise your limits, you only need one form of photo ID, like a driver’s license or passport).
This makes the process very simple, and opens up financial service options to people who are unbanked or underbanked. Whether that’s by choice or because they can’t afford or don’t qualify for mainstream banking services, Bitcoin ATMs bring more possibilities and conveniences.
To buy bitcoin — or any of 30+ altcoins — with cash, just head to your nearest Coin Cloud digital currency machine and follow these simple steps:
How to Buy Bitcoin with Cash
- Press the “Start” button
- Enter your mobile phone number
- Enter the unique identifier code texted to your phone
- Select the “Buy” option
- Scan your Bitcoin wallet’s QR code with the BTM camera
- Insert your bills one at a time
- Once you have inserted your cash, press the “I’m done” button
- Your transaction will begin processing on the Bitcoin network
- Transactions can take approximately 10–15 minutes to process
- Once the transaction has fully processed you will receive your receipt via text message, and the funds will reflect in your wallet
It’s as easy as that! Seeing bitcoin show up in your digital wallet after putting cash in a machine is fulfilling and exciting, and our goal is to make the barrier to entry so low that anybody can do it.
Only Coin Cloud lets you purchase as little as $1 worth of digital currency. Go ahead and try it out!
If you need further information or assistance, please contact Coin Cloud’s customer support line by calling 855–264–2046 or by emailing Support@CoinCloudATM.com.