How to Save the World by Hodling Bitcoins Instead of “Coin Coins”
If you’ve ventured out to stores in the past month or two, you’ve probably noticed the signs: “Our country is experiencing a national coin shortage. If possible, please use your debit card, credit card, exact change, or other forms of payment.”
You might have even seen posts from Facebook friends, copied from other Facebook friends, warning you about the dire consequences of a true cashless society (we abbreviated it for you):
“HERES WHAT NO CASH ACTUALLY MEANS
“A cashless society means no cash. Zero. Cashless means fully digital, fully traceable, fully controlled. I think those who support a cashless society aren’t fully aware of what they are asking for. A cashless society means:
- No more money in birthday cards.
- No more piggy banks for your child to collect pocket money & to learn about the value of earning.
- No more side jobs because your wages barely cover the bills or put food on the table.
- No more selling odds and ends that you no longer want/need for a bit of cash in return.
- No more cash gifts from relatives or loved ones.
“What a cashless society does guarantee:
- Banks have full control of every single penny you own.
- Every transaction you make is recorded.
- All your movements & actions are traceable.
- Access to your money can be blocked at the click of a button when/if banks need ‘clarification’ from you which will take about 3 weeks, a thousand questions answered & five thousand passwords.
- You will have no choice but to declare & be taxed on every dollar amount in your possession.
- The government WILL decide what you can & cannot purchase.
- If your transactions are deemed in any way questionable, by those who create the questions, your money will be frozen, ‘for your own good’.
“Politics & greed is what is wrong with the world; not those who are trying to alert you to the reality in which you are blindly floating along whilst being immobilized by irrational fear. Fear created to keep you doing & believing in exactly what you are complacently doing.”
Obviously, if you’re on this website, these are not outcomes you want. But … maybe they’ve been exaggerated a little bit, because this list doesn’t even address digital currency, like Bitcoin, which is essentially virtual cash. A “cashless society” doesn’t have to take away all your rights.